There is a natural order to the world. Think about it. There are all sorts of ways that nature keeps a balance to prevent clutter. Rain washes away debris and feeds the earth. Flowers die and drop seeds to reproduce more flowers. Forest fires rekindle growth in over grown areas. Even as human beings we are here for a short period of time and then we make room for the next generation.
It is funny how nature understands this law of physics but humans don’t. Most of us don’t understand that there is only so much that we can allow into our lives before it becomes fatal. By fatal, I don’t mean we die, I mean aspects of our life die.
- We eat too much and it affects our health so we can’t be as active, restricting our experiences.
- We schedule too much and then can’t keep up on many aspects of our lives from maintaining our homes to maintaining our relationships.
- We invest in too many material “things” and forget to invest in our emotional, mental and physical wellbeing instead.
- We spend too much and then worry too much because we don’t have enough money to spend more.
If we can set limits and take to heart the natural order of the world, we could have fuller, more balanced lives. Can you imagine how different your life could be if you just set limits on these three aspects of your life:
- Limits on what and how much you purchase or acquire
- Limits on what you say yes (and no) to
- Limits on how many hours you work
Less is sometimes more. #SimpleLife #HappyLife
Think about it…
Learn more about how we can help declutter your life: Hoarding and Mental Health – Finding the Support You Need